Friday, May 16, 2008

Blessed are those

Psalms 1 TNIV
Blessed are those who do not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but who delight in the law of the LORD and meditate on His law day and night. They are like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—whatever they do prospers. Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will be destroyed.
When I slow down and think about what this wonderful Psalm is saying and what it means to me, I see so many wonderful things in it. The obvious things are the promises of blessings. Our blessings are that our leaf will never wither, we will prosper in everything we do, and the Lord watches over our path. I want to look at just one part of this Psalm. Blessed are those …who delight in the law of the Lord and meditate on his law day and night. To me The true blessing is the delight I find in studying the word of God. When I read a bible story and then go back and study it, I find so much hidden meaning. So many of the stories in the Old Testament point to Jesus as our salvation. Just last night my wife and I were discussing Daniel 3 and how Jesus rescued Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego from the Fiery furnace; just as Jesus rescues us from the fiery furnace of Hell. I believe so many Christians miss out on blessings because they don’t take time to study the word of God. The Lord stills talks to us today through the Holy Bible. The next time you feel down. Pick up your bible and ask the lord to give you understanding and guidance. Open it up and see what He has to say. All you need are eyes to see and ears to hear.
MSW

No comments: