Friday, September 5, 2008

Is Anyone There?

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6 NIV
It amazes me some of the things God uses to talk to us! I was at work the other day when he used something I see everyday to teach me. The machine I run has a light sensor to keep the machine from cycling when someone is in the way. It sends a laser beam to a reflector which reflects it back to the box to say all clear, or to tell it someone is there. As I’m looking at the reflector, it dawned on me that that is what we as Christians are. We are reflectors! We are supposed to reflect Christ in our life which lets a lost world know someone is there. Have you ever been driving down the road at night and saw the reflectors on a bicycle? In the dark you can’t see the bicycle or the rider, but when your lights hit the reflectors you know someone is there. The world is that darkness. A lost person going through the darkness is hopeless! Until up ahead they see the light and then they know someone is there. John 1:1-5,9 refers to Jesus as the Light. Paul tells us we should imitate Christ. (Ephesians 5:1) People should be able see Christ in us. They should see The Light that is Jesus in us reflecting off of us.We can’t generate that light ourselves, because we are flesh and therefore sinners. (Galatians 5:17) We are the darkness. Yet when we accept Jesus as our Savior He comes to live inside us through His Holy Spirit. Now look at Psalm 119:74. We should be able to recognize other Christians. We should rejoice when we see other Christians. There should be a joy and hope that reflects off them. Just as we can see it so can the lost. They will want to know what is the source of our hope and joy.(1 Peter 3:15)

As you go through the rest of the week, ask yourself “Am I reflecting Christ in my life? When someone is alone in the darkness of the world and they see me, do they know Someone is there?”
MSW

No comments: