Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One Vote

When I started this blog I told myself I was not going to do anything Political on it. In 7 days America will be making a choice in one of the most important presidential elections of my lifetime. Not because of either candidate, but because of who they may appoint to the Supreme Court. I am not going to endorse either candidate because everyone needs to pray about it and make that decision on their own.

Romans 13:1 KJV Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Paul is telling us to submit to authority because it is God who appoints that authority. In America God has blessed us even more. He allows us to vote for a leader. In my opinion He puts a great responsibility on us as Christians. We are that city on a hill. (Matthew 5:14) and our vote tells the rest of America and the world how we feel about God’s commandments.

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD: Psalm 33:12



No comments: