Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Light for my path

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. (Psalm 119:05)

The Bible is such a joy to me. It is a way to listen to what God says to me. Often I will pray and then open up my bible saying LORD talk to me. It never ceases to amaze me, no matter how many times I may read the same thing over. God will have something new to show me each time. A lamp to my feet. During power outages I often use an old oil lamp to find my way and to light up a room. If I need to walk through my house I can hold the lamp up and see the choices of directions I can go in. Being able to see what is in each direction allows me to decide which way I should go. The bible shows us the way we are to go. It shows us the choices we have. A light for my path. Once I decide which way to go, I can see what lies in my path. The light will allow me to see what is ahead of me. The light will give me security in the darkness. Isn't it amazing how the bible can give us that same security as we walk through a dark world. It shows us how to find the light in this world.

The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not overcome it (John 1:5)

MSW

No comments: