Tuesday, November 25, 2008

View From Above


I love this time of the year. This is a time I truly get to enjoy God' s creation. As I sit in the dark in my deer stand and wait for God's creation to wake up I feel so alive in Christ.
Before dawn I get to watch the creatures of the night interact with each other. I can see how God provides for even the smallest of his creatures (). As God starts the day with his sunrise, I can enjoy the spectrum of colors he blessed his creation with.
Normally the squirrels are the first daytime creatures to stir. It's such a pleasure to watch how they scamper through the woods finding and hiding nuts. Then a chase will start as two squirrels playful chase each other through the woods.
As I patiently wait, often while reading my bible I will hear the leaves as a deer carefully walks through the woods. What a marvel of God's creation? A few steps and they attentively look around. Even if you don't hunt to there is no better way to enjoy God's creation than to watch it wake up from it's nightly slumber.
Lord I thank you for the blessing you allow me in the chance to see your creation in all it's splendor. Lord thank You for the view from above. Amen
MSW
Psalm 8:3-9

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.

You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:

all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,

the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.

O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

No comments: